What is JobsOver50.com?
JobsOver50 is a free web-based employment service for Baby Boomers & Retirees. We understand the employment needs of 50+ job seekers and have built this unique powerful service to support them.
JobsOver50 is a proud member of the GoliathJobs Network, the #1 employment service on the Web!
Under our Government and Workforce Development Program, we offer dedicated Mature Worker Employment Portals branded & customized for WIBs, Area Agencies, Workforce Development and Civic Organizations throughout the United States. These portals are simple, yet powerful, and include all the features necessary to connect local employers with mature workers. Timing is important not only because of the volume of candidates out-of-work but also because there are several grants that can pay for this initiative.
Included with each Mature Worker Portal is free Internship Consulting. This benefit will enable you to build a local team of Marketing & IT students to assist you in launching and rolling out the program if necessary. This unique model delivers powerful results significantly improving workforce development in any region! Learn more by visiting our demo page at http://jobsover50.com/wibportal/.
Did you know that...
- The 50+ demographic will continue to grow by 49.1% for the next few years, 5 times the growth rate of the rest of the workforce. Baby Boomers make up 1/3 of the US workforce today and there are not enough younger workers to replace them!
- In 1990 the desk of most 40 year old workers had a PC. Those same workers are now 63 with 23 years of computer experience and have been online since the beginning of the web!
- Age 50+ workers have proven to be more client/customer oriented. This is effective in face-to-face communication and customer service jobs.
- Workers aged 50+ are 3 times more likely to stay at their job. This demographic is flexible regarding schedules, pay and benefits.
- From 2004 through 2010, workers age 35-44 declined by 19%, workers age 45-54 increased by 21% and workers age 55-64 increased by 52%.
These remarkable trends will continue for many more years. Employers need to devise a long-term strategy that supports 50+ workforce development in order to remain competitive.
Sources: US Dept of Labor, Retirement Jobs, US Census Bureau, Center for Retirement Research
VERIFICATION: What is JobsOver50 verifying?
Verification is one of several powerful features that makes us unique. Employers & recruiters are verified through a proprietary system created by GoliathJobs. This gives job seekers peace of mind. Schools can verify their students & alumni through a dedicated portal we customize for them, another GoliathJobs innovation. This gives job seekers an edge and employers peace of mind that candidate information is accurate.
HISTORY: JobsOver50 was created by David Mezzapelle, an IT veteran and founder of Goliath Technology in 1990. Goliath Technology was a global leader in IT procurement, distribution and data center infrastructure.
David was also a pioneer in recruiting students and alumni for jobs throughout North America and Europe. Many students became full-time employees post-graduation or moved on to other occupations with experience and confidence gained from their positions at Goliath. Goliath Technology's recruiting program yielded massive buzz and intensified the company's growth at a rapid pace. 17 years later David sold Goliath Technology. Today, David consults on various projects and initiatives along with serving on several public and private boards.
David is a firm believer in positive forward thinking. He has motivated many people with his discussions on marketing, entrepreneurship, and optimism. He is currently writing a book series on this topic called Contagious Optimism! in partnership with Fairfield University. Learn more at www.contagiousoptimism.net.
TODAY: JobsOver50 brings a unique, powerful method of recruiting job seekers to employers worldwide.
The Goliath Team on a well-deserved break!